Many companies believe they have a responsibility to “give back” to society. This focus includes contributions of time and money, a duty to provide environmentally friendly products and services, and a desire to improve the lives of individuals here and around the globe. Such socially responsible companies see to it that this “consciousness” permeates everything they do.
The following 10 companies stand out as prime examples of how social responsibility can be productively coupled with sound strategies to advance goodwill, while building sustainable and impressive businesses. They provide the leadership to demonstrate how marketers can pursue both objectives simultaneously. As such, socially conscious companies have stepped up their efforts with increasing effectiveness and productivity. It is an impressive movement and one that invites society at large to do even more. Let’s use these as examples for “how to get it done” so that we can effectively expand our efforts to give back.
- GO NATURAL, THROUGH AND THROUGH: BURT’S BEES
- USING ITS ECOMAGINATION: GE
- THE NEW MEANING OF CLEAN: METHOD
- BEAUTY COMES FROM WITHIN: THE BODY SHOP
- BREWED RESPONSIBLY: STARBUCKS COFFEE
- THE SWEET DELIGHT OF GIVING BACK: BEN & JERRY’S
- SOCIAL AWARENESS CAN LOOK SO GOOD: KENNETH COLE
- LENDING A HAND TO MAN’S BEST FRIEND: PEDIGREE
- A SHOE FOR ME IS A SHOE FOR YOU: TOMS SHOES
- A WHOLE LOT OF GOOD: WHOLE FOODS
Originally published on: AdAge.com